Dear Mr Prime Minister,
1. First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your recent win. However, I share your disappointment at the failure of getting 2/3rd majority and getting back Selangor.
2. A lot of analysis have bee done by numerous people on why we failed. Please allow me to share my own opinion.
3. We did not get 2/3 + Selangor because 95% of Chinese voted for DAP led Pakatan and rejection of the urban Malay voters. I do not want to talk about the Chinese Tsunami since many people have covered this already. However I would like to state here that the Chinese Tsunami did indeed happened. Period.
In this letter, I would like to give my opinion on how to win back the urban Malay voters. We could have gotten the 2/3 + Selangor in the last GE if we had satisfy this group.
How to win them back?
a) They voted for Pakatan to get cheap cars
The urbanites did not want to listen to BN explanation. Period. In their minds, if the perceived corruption is eliminated then somehow this will trickle down so much so that the price of cars will be cheaper.
You can show all kinds of predictions and diagrams - they just refused to listen. The UMNO Youth failed to do their job despite having an 'intelligent' leader.
Solution - Give them what they want.
b) They voted for Pakatan to get free education
The urban youth rejected BN explanation. In their mind, if the perceived corruption is eliminated then somehow
this will trickle down and everybody can go to university for free.
They dont want explanation. The UMNO Youth failed to explain and convince the youth/students reg this issue despite the 'Twitter Popularity' of the UMNO Youth Leader.
Solution - Give them what they want
c) They voted for Pakatan to get cheaper houses
See (A) and (B)
d) They voted for Pakatan to get cheaper groceries
See (A), (B) and (C)
4. So you see Mr Prime Minister, all the talk about rasuah, unfair election etc is really a smokescreen. If you had promise to do 3 out of 4 from the above, you'll get your 2/3 + Selangor. Is it responsible? Can the country afford these? The urbanites do not care. They think that if there are no corruption then all the above could happen. They failed to look at Singapore where the amount of corruption is low but the price of houses are extremely expensive. They just do not want to listen.
5. I am not saying that we should take lightly of corruption. Actually we should have heavier and harsher penalty for corrupt individuals than what we have now.
6. BN has always been seen as a party for the rich and the very poor. You need to capture the middle class people because they are the majority in this country now. I have mentioned this before in my previous post but you opted to listen to your advisors instead - so i just kept quiet.
7. I was truly dissapointed with your continued appeasement of the Chinese and refusal to listen to the demand of the urban Malay middle class. You have 5 more years to rectify the mistakes. You do not need to appoint Anwar Ibrahim 2.0 to get the urban votes.
8. Try harder to unite UMNO-PAS. You had bend and kneel to the Chinese You went to great length to win their votes. Why cant you do the same for your base? Why are you taking your base for granted? Trust me, when the Malays unite, the rest will follow.